Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Titanic 3D - Review - 4.5/5 stars

Valentines Day - What to do? What to do?

#1 My cute mom gave me a package that contained a popcorn bucket, two canned root beers, the movie princess bride and a verbal "ask someone out". So that was an option.

#2 One of my favorite shows "Cougar Town" was premiering its new season after a long break. So that was an option.

#3 Titanic 3D was having a free screening event at the Jordan Commons. That too was an option.

I went with option #3. My good friend Melissa Workman was able to pick us up the tickets. When we arrived we were happily given free popcorn and drinks. Oh and as we entered the theater we took note that every chair had a gift bag on them. Inside was a Titanic 3D tshirt and poster. How fun is that?


Where do you stand in regards to the movie Titanic? I was on my mission when it came out but even in Paraguay i heard all about the craziness and hype about it. I believe it was a few years later that all the sudden everyone began saying how bad it was. Hmmmm...interesting because i'm pretty sure everyone saw it multiple times in the theater and loved it. So what happened? My thoughts about the movie were that it truly was groundbreaking. The effects, score, acting, cinematography and all were top notch. I didn't completely believe the love story but there was so much more to enjoy that it was still a great movie. Seeing it in 3D on the big screen was just as amazing as it ever was in my opinion. I love how the movie exposed the raw emotions we as humans express in a situation of distress. The moment the ship hits the iceberg until the end of the movie is just simply amazing!

All in all it was a good choice for the holiday. I don't think the movie actually gets released until April but when it does, i say go see it again and don't be a hater.




No comments:

Post a Comment