Friday, April 27, 2012

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - Review - 3.5/5



Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor and Kristin Scott Thomas! I love all three of them and so i was interested in this movie even if the title seemed weird. I had missed the screening of this one but heard it was good so me and my two sisters decided to go see it.

I admit that it took a good 20 minutes to get into to this film. It seemed a little all over the place and we weren't quite sure the tone it had. We then settled into it and understood that this was a sort of quirky little romantic comedy. Their accents were so fun to listen to and the comedic style was fun and different. I laughed so hard a couple times. Then when its endearing it approaches it in a cute real way.

A few things really bugged in the plot but overall this was an interesting and different kind of romantic comedy. So nice to see a movie that was daring to take a different approach. I'd say see this movie and not The Vow (yes, i'm still hating on that movie), or the Lucky One.

No comments:

Post a Comment