Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bernie - Review - 4/5 stars


While watching this movie at the Tower theater in Salt Lake i suddenly felt some sort of furry creature brush past my legs. I was completely freaked out until my eyes adjusted to the darkness and notice the resident theater cat starring up at me. He must have smelled the food we had from the chow truck we snuck in. He would not stop harassing us and kept meowing loudly. It was incredibly distracting and yet the movie was still highly entertaining.

I laughed so hard in this movie. Its based on a true and very odd fascinating story.

In small-town Texas, the local mortician strikes up a friendship with a wealthy widow, though when he kills her, he goes to great lengths to create the illusion that she's alive.

Jack Black was brilliant. I mean it. He played this role so well. I can still picture his face and mannerisms. And those songs he sings are hilarious. I totally want the soundtrack. The movie plays kind of like a Christopher Guest film (waiting for guffman), combining character interviews with the plot line. These people in this small Texas town are hilarious. I recommend this movie for anyone that wants to laugh. My only complaint is that it is too long. It drags on a bit. But you will be amazed that this was a true story. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment