Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Diabolique - Review - 3.5/5


Check out that poster! So awesome! I want it bad!

My good friend Becki Beecher recommended this movie to me. This is a French film and was made in 1955. It feels just like a Hitchcock movie with suspense that just keeps building and building. I was completely engrossed in the mystery of it.

The wife of a cruel headmaster and his mistress conspire to kill him, but after the murder is committed, his body disappears, and strange events begin to plague the two women.


What? They plot to kill him and then the body disappears? Da Da Daaaaaa! You'll have to watch it to find out what is going on. There were some scenes in here that felt so classic and i'll never forget. I guess there was a U.S. remake with sharon stone that i'm now curious to see but this one was worth checking out. My only complaint is that it was a bit too long and drags out some.

No comments:

Post a Comment