Monday, January 7, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty - 4/5 stars


Let me begin by saying that I have no idea if any of this movie was very accurate or not. That didn't matter to me. While i'm sure the film makers tried to stay true to accurate accounts i'm sure the was some embellishing and things left out. That being said, it still gives me a better sense of that world that i truly am sheltered from. Movies like this and Hurt Locker by the same director are meaningful to me because they help open my eyes to the realities of war.

This account of the search for Bin Laden was truly gripping. We all know the outcome but i was glued to the screen and fascinated by what i did not know. Bin Laden has played an important role in all of our lives. Not only has he caused horrible deaths and crimes but he has changed the way our country functions day to day. You watch this movie with that sense of reality. I will always appreciate those that sacrifice for our freedoms.


No comments:

Post a Comment